Monday, July 15, 2013

Photography II

I haven't posted to the blog in a few weeks and just wanted to give an update.  I've been really struggling shooting my very active daughter in manual mode, and it has been quite frustrating.  I have found that she was probably not the best subject to choose when first experimenting with this feature on my camera.  I have gotten a little bit better, and I am beginning to understand the different functions.  Here are some shots I have gotten over the last few weeks....







I know this next one has nothing to do with my topic, I found that this is the type of photography I enjoy....








1 comment:

  1. The main issue at hand is if you are using manual mode, what is the reason? We control depth of field by choosing a large or a small aperture and we show or freeze motion with our choice of shutter speed... How have these portraits changed from shooting in program mode with that in mind?

    These are adorable, sensitive, loving pictures of her. You have captured the innocence and purity of her being. Who can't smile in looking at them.

    As another way of looking at what you have done, one of the more successful ways to earn money with your camera is to do this for other families. These go so far beyond the typical professional portraits most people pay the big bucks for... A small ad in your local paper with one of these portraits offering your services would return at least (and I hate to talk about money in this forum) $100/hr for your time.. and you would be as busy as you want to be... just a thought.

    ReplyDelete