Sunday, July 7, 2013

Week 6: Portraits

For the digital portraits I recruited my best friend to pose for me (she seemed a less wiggly choice than my siblings).  I wanted to combine my love of editorial-style makeup and dramatic lighting to enhance the shots.  I also played around with photoshop tutorials used by advertisement agencies to perfect the features.  Working with people was definitely more difficult.  Of the 100 or so shots I took I only really loved three of them.  I also wish I had access to more interesting background options for future portrait attempts, but the right lighting and background was difficult. 



1 comment:

  1. It does raise the bar to work with a person...Direct sunlight is very tricky with people... In the case of the top one, I like the effect on her hair, and her face was spared from it's assault.... The framing and the downward look are very good... Notice how the sun on her nose in the bottom one really disturb her face...

    Staying in close minimizes background issues... you can do feathered selections of the background and darken it and blur it too...

    Nice job for a first try...

    ReplyDelete